Monday, March 23, 2009

Jon & Kate Gosselin Breaking Up?

Unfortunatley, I missed the season finale of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC tonight. I cought the last minute or so of Jon and Kate talking about how being in the public eye has been tough on Jon and how he doesn't really like it, and he is still dealing with the fact that he cant just be "JON" when he goes out, he is "Jon and Kate Plus 8". Kate said she loves doing the show so that is where they are having some conflict, and it seemed as if they were not sure if they were going to continue filming more seasons, or just stop with this last season. I know there has been a lot of controversy going out in the media about Jon cheating on Kate, and how he wants to leave her and the kids for a "better life". I know there was a big thing going on with "Aunt Jodi" and not getting paid to appear on the show (supossedly because Kate did not want anyboy getting paid to be on their show).
First, I need to say that I truly hope Jon and Kate do not split up. I have been watching their show since Season 1, and I always considered them different. They always seem so happy with each other and with their family. They have eight beautiful children, two amazing dogs, a new, gorgeous house. They have been blessed in so many ways. When they renewed their vows I thought it was so sweet. I remember Kate saying one of the reasons why they did it was so that they could show their children that Mommy and Daddy were going to be together forever. I have to admit, Jon and Kate are my last hope at believing that true love DOES exsist and that people DO get married and stay together and stay happy even through difficult times. If they break up, I really think I will loose all hope in true love.
I think its a shame that the media has taken such a positive family and wrote such negative stories about them. There is a story circulating about Jon going to some college parties and hanging out with college girls. This story was based on ONE picture of Jon and two younger girls. Jon's face is red in the picture and his eyes are half shut. Lets just say it wasnt the best picture of him. We ALL have those pictures of ourselves. When we arent ready for the picture to be taken. When we arent looking our best and someone snaps a picture of us. Jon (and Kate) must run into fans all over the place, and I am SURE that the picture that sparked this rumor was just a random picture that Jon took with fans and people made it out to be something it is not. Katie is NOT a bad woman, nor is she a bad mother. NO, I do not know her personally, but people are juding her based on her parenting and the way she acts towards Jon. Everyone has their own parenting skills and techniques and clearly her (and Jons) are working because they have some amazing children! Nobody has the perfect marriage. Nobody gets along with their spouse 24/7 and noone agrees with their spouse 24/7. Jon and Kate are very loving towards one another. They probably do not have the time they would like to spend together alone. It has to be hard on their relationship. Kate does not treat Jon badly. Yes, it seems like Kate is the more dominant personality in their marriage, but everyones marriage is different. Jon is more laid-back while Kate is more of a "take charge" kind of person.
It is sickening to me that "Aunt Jodi" and her sister are writing blogs on their websites about their digust in Jon and Kate (mainly Kate). Why can they not be adult and deal with their issues with Kate in private? Two grown woman are on the computer, blogging and video blogging about issues they supossedly have with Jon and Kate. If I were Jon or Kate, and had a reality TV show about me and my family, I would not want anyone to be getting paid either just for being on the show (babysitters, family friends, etc.) because then how would you ever know who was truly there for you and your family and who was there just to make an extra buck? I think its sickening that "Aunt Jodi" and her sister are supossedly pissed off because Aunt Jodi wasnt making money for appearing on the show when she was watching the kids for Jon and Kate. I am SURE she wouldnt be seeking out money from them if they did not have a TV show.
I urge everyone who has some jaded, awful outlook o Jon and Kate Gosselin to go out and buy (or go to the library and check out) their book "Multiple Blessings". Kate talks about everything from when her and Jon met, to the birth of Cara and Mady, the birth of the sextuplets, the struggles and hardships they faces as a family financially, spirtually, and emotionally, and how thankful they are for everything they have ever recieved. Jon and Kate have repeatedly said on their show how thankful they are for the benefits they get for them and their kids (trips/vacations, invitations to attend certain places, etc.) They have said time and time again how they KNOW they would not be able to do all those things if they werent given the chance to. And everybody out there knows if someone came to them and said "Hey, want to go to Hawaii for free? You and your family, everything will be paid for, all you have to do is let us film you a bit while you are there." you would go in a heartbeat. I know I would! They are doing nothing wrong. They are living their life. They have been an inspiration to ME, and I hope that one day I can be married and as happy as Jon and Kate are. I truly don't believe all the rumors going around about them splitting up. Or maybe I dont want to believe them. Either way, until I hear it straight from their mouths that they are unhappy, and that all these rumors are true, I will stand behind them, and support them 110%.
Peace, Love, and Pug Hugs,
Maryann

1 comment:

  1. You should start writing more on celebchapstick!!!!!


    XOXO
    ATL Shawtaaay! :)

    ReplyDelete